Merz Aesthetics, the world’s largest dedicated medical aesthetics business, announced today the winners of the second annual Innovation Forum. The Innovation Forum is a medical education initiative that invites the next generation of researchers and clinicians to submit original abstracts to be considered by independent international experts in the medical aesthetics community. Submissions are categorized by years of experience working in the field and winners are selected by the global medical aesthetics community based on their abstract’s level of innovation, practical relevance, scientific rigor, potential and applicability.
The 2022 Innovation Forum winners had the opportunity to present their submissions in person alongside 10 finalists on the main stage at the highly anticipated Merz Aesthetics Expert Summit (MEXS) in Vienna.
In Category A (less than five years of experience), Dr. Indira Rivas of Nicaragua came in first place for her submission of MONOS Neck-lift: Modified Non-Surgical Neck Lift, which demonstrated impressive outcomes and promising, innovative techniques.
In Category B (greater than five years of experience), Assistant Professor Dr. Pansakorn Tanratana from Thailand won for the study of the Effect of Different Hyaluronic Acid Preparations on Human Skin Fibroblast. The panel of independent experts applauded the very interesting study and results on the pathology of the basement membrane.
The finalists of this year’s Innovation Forum include:
In Category A (less than five years of experience)
- Dr. Julia Escandon Brehm, U.S.: Hyaluronidase Pretreatment on Sclerotic Skin Before Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
- Dr. Sarawin Harnchoowong, Thailand: A Study of Incobotulinum Toxin A for the Treatment of Ultraviolet B-induced Hyperpigmentation: A prospective, Randomized Controlled Trial
- Dr. Ardhiah Iswanda Putri, Indonesia: Intramuscular Injection with Incobotulinum Toxin A for Treatment in Male Alopecia Androgenic: A Pilot Study
- Dr. Manoj Pawar, Oman: Various Uses of Topical Insulin in Dermatology and its Future Implications
In Category B (greater than five years of experience)
- Dr. Gladstone Faria, Brazil: Assessment of the Interference of Hyperdiluted Calcium Hydroxyapatite for Neck Rejuvenation in the Ultrasonographic Evaluation of Thyroid
- Dr. Marcela Garcia, Brazil: Use of Cohesive Polydensified Matrix Hyaluronic Acid as Inductor of Collagen Production in Intradermic Applications
- Dr. Luciana Macedo, Brazil: 4D Lifting & Holos Face – How to Combine Injectables and Microfocused Ultrasound in a Holistic Approach Based on Neuroscience Applied to Cosmiatry
- Dr. Bianca Viscomi, Brazil: Advanced Techniques for Facial Feminization in Transgender Women with Incobotulinumtoxin A
“The winners of the Innovation Forum demonstrate true commitment to advancing science and shaping the future of medical aesthetics,” said Terri Phillips, M.D., chief medical affairs officer, Merz Aesthetics. “Providing the stage for emerging industry professionals to present cutting-edge research to medical aesthetics experts from around the world is an important part of our dedication to driving innovation and, in turn, delivering trusted results to patients.”
As a global leader in medical aesthetics, Merz Aesthetics established the Expert Summit (MEXS) 11 years ago to bring together health care professionals and experts from around the world to share the latest knowledge and research. More than 500 aesthetics physicians and medical aesthetics experts from 54 countries shared in a peer-to-peer environment the latest updates in research, spark creativity, encourage unique thinking and drive innovation within the field. The global annual meeting reinforces Merz Aesthetics’ commitment to advancing science and inspiring innovation within the medical aesthetics community.
For more information about the Merz Aesthetics Innovation Forum winners, please visit https://www.innovationforum.merz.com.
About Merz Aesthetics
Merz Aesthetics is a medical aesthetics business with a long history of empowering health care professionals, patients and employees to live every day with confidence. We aim to help people around the world look, feel and live like the best versions of themselves — however they define it. Clinically proven, its product portfolio includes injectables, devices and skin care treatments designed to meet each patient’s needs with high standards of safety and efficacy. Being family owned for more than 110 years, Merz Aesthetics is known for building unique connections with customers who feel like family. Merz Aesthetics’ global headquarters is in Raleigh, N.C., USA, with a commercial presence in 52 countries worldwide. It is also a part of Merz Group, which was founded in 1908 and is based in Frankfurt, Germany. Learn more at merzaesthetics.com.