According to results of the latest International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) clinician survey, among clinicians hair transplantation using follicular unit extraction (FUE) is the preferred surgical method for male and female hair restoration.1
Available on six continents, the SmartGraft from Vision Medical, Inc. (Glen Mills, Pa.) offers the latest in FUE technology. Developed by a leading team of physicians, medical scientists and engineers, the SmartGraft provides patients an alternative to the visible linear scarring that occurs with the traditional follicular unit transplant (FUT) strip method.
Sonia Badreshia, MD, of Elite MD Advanced Dermatology, Laser & Plastic Surgery Institute (Beverly Hills and Danville, Calif.), proudly offers advanced state-of-the-art SmartGraft FUE technology to her patients. Dr. Badreshia believes the SmartGraft FUE technology stands out among other hair restoration devices, noting Vision Medical’s unmatched support, the device’s ease of use, and the natural results that the SmartGraft provides to her patients.
In Dr. Badreshia’s experience, “SmartGraft is minimally invasive (no linear scarring) and can be done with more precision in less time than many other FUE methods. Patients can go back to work in one or two days, and results look and feel completely natural.”
According to Dr. Badreshia, the SmartGraft FUE device offers four key benefits when compared to other methods of hair restoration, including:
- A natural look. Because a patient’s own hair is used to fill in balding spots, the results pro- duce the most natural, healthy look possible.
- Minimal scarring. Unlike other traditional procedures that require large strips of hair to be removed and restored, SmartGraft uses in- dividual micro-grafts that are implanted into recipient sites to eliminate linear scarring.
- Protection of the grafts. Protection of the patient’s investment begins prior to implantation. The SmartGraft Smart Storage automatically sorts grafts and places them in a “bio-dome” canister, which keeps grafts moist in a temperature-controlled sterile solution, improving patient outcomes.
- Minimal downtime. This in-office procedure is performed in a single treatment and recovery is short. Patients typically return to their normal activities within a few days.
While hair restoration offers a permanent solution to hair loss, Dr. Badreshia noted that in the long term, patients can continue to thin in the areas that were not implanted. Thinning may be due to genetics or hormonal changes among other factors. Following a surgical procedure, hair restoration patients achieve ultimate success when they remain on a maintenance regimen that includes oral and topical treatments, such as the LOCKrx Hair Support System.
“Hair growth can be visible as soon as the first three to four months post treatment, but best results are generally seen after six to nine months as hair grows back in phases. Full growth can be seen within one year,” she said.
According to Dr. Badreshia, men and women of all ages and races are good candidates for SmartGraft FUE.
SmartGraft is also versatile. It can be used for not only the scalp, but also eyebrows and facial hair. “This is where science and art truly meet. The SmartGraft FUE offers a life changing procedure for many of our patients,” Dr. Badreshia expressed.
Vision Medical’s industry knowledge and expertise, coupled with its understanding of customers’ needs, help greatly to support SmartGraft users, Dr. Badreshia added.
Clinicians like Dr. Badreshia cite ongoing company support as a contributing factor when in- vesting in new technology. The team at Vision Medical, Inc. shares 100 combined years of experience in the medical market, offering unparalleled support and experience in bringing innovative technology to the market and sharing a vested interest in helping users achieve optimal outcomes and financial success with the device.
1. Welcome to the ISHRS. ISHRS. (2021, October 16). Retrieved October 25, 2021, from https://ishrs.org/.